Transfer Gossip 17 February 2015

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea and Manchester United have been joined by Juventus in their pursuit of Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, 21, with the Italian giants ready to table a bid. (Daily Express) 

West Ham United hope to tie up a deal for Brazilian winger Anderson Luiz de Carvalho, 33, better known as Nene, who is a free agent after cancelling his contract with Qatar club Al Gharafa. (Daily Mail) 

Real Madrid’s French international defender Raphael Varane, 21, is being pursued by Manchester United and Chelsea. (Daily Mirror) 

Southport teenager Drew Lewis, 19, has been offered a trial with Manchester United after scoring 38 goals for the Conference side’s reserves this season. (Daily Mail) 

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini says that no Italian club has the money to prize away 21-year-old striker Paulo Dybala and that could leave the way clear for cash rich Manchester City to step in.(Talksport) 

Paris St-Germain have not given up hope of signing Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, 24, despite the fact the Belgian forward signed a new five-year contract at Stamford Bridge last week. (Daily Star) 

Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez, 25, out of action for almost a year with a cruciate ligament injury, is hoping to return to action in March. (Daily Mail) 

Tuesday’s Daily Mirror back page

Manchester City’s veteran midfielder Frank Lampard says the return of midfielder Yaya Toure and new striker Wilfried Bony will give the club a massive boost in the title race.(Daily Mirror) 

England manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed that Tottenham’s 23-goal striker Harry Kane, 21, will be named in his next squad. (Daily Mail) 

Everton midfielder Leon Osman, 33, is expected to continue his recovery from a foot injury with a run out for the club’s Under-21s on Tuesday after 11 weeks out. (Liverpool Echo) 

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger says his side, who are currently fourth in the Premier League and in line for a place in the Champions League, are fully prepared to play on world club football’s most elite stage. (Southampton Echo) 

Swansea City supporters trust are expecting an offer from US billionaire John Moores to take a 30% stake in the club. (South Wales Evening Post) 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s